Supporting Our Member Community
Catholic Charities USA supports and enhances the work of member agencies through the following benefits:
- Council of Diocesan Directors. We bring together the executive directors of Catholic Charities agencies to learn from each other and to participate in leadership and spiritual development opportunities.
- Member Engagement. We offer opportunities for staff members of Catholic Charities agencies to engage with each other and to share experience, information and best practices. These opportunities include our Annual Gathering and professional interest sections and networks.
- Social Policy. Our social policy team supports member agencies in their local and state advocacy efforts, while representing them on the national level, where we advocate for people in need, communicate our network's priorities and build relationships with national partners.
- Leadership, Management and Organizational Development. We help agencies enhance their organizational strength through numerous initiatives, including leadership and management institutes and workshops, organizational assessments and a network mentoring program for mid- to upper-level managers.
- Mission and Ministry. We strengthen our agencies’ ability to live out their Catholic identity and fulfill their mission by providing spiritual formation and parish engagement resources, parish leader training, consultations on the CCUSA Code of Ethics and board development and other benefits.
- Disaster Operations. We support member agencies before, during and after disasters and work to improve their readiness to respond by providing on-site technical assistance, disaster response coordination, disaster grants, preparedness training, peer mentoring opportunities and visibility kits to create a distinct presence for staff and volunteers during disasters.
- Communications and Marketing. We tell the story of CCUSA and its network, elevating the profile of member agencies and bringing attention to their inspiring work. We also support member communications efforts by providing media relations materials, communication tools and resources, and consultation on a variety of strategic communications needs.
- Advancement. We support our members work to advance their financial security by offering assessments of development and fundraising initiatives, training in best practices and trends, consultations to enhance their donor base and assistance in cultivating partnerships that offer discounts and strategic benefits.
- Programs and Services. We help member agencies improve their delivery of programs and services by providing, among other things, program development training, funding through national intermediary grants and opportunities to share best practices and innovative programs.
- Partnership with the University of Notre Dame. Our partnership with the University of Notre Dame provides agencies opportunities to measure the impact of innovative poverty reduction programs, boost business plans and organizational strength, develop social enterprises and host Notre Dame students as summer interns.
- Other Financial Benefits. Through CCUSA, member agencies have access to a number of financial benefits, including a health insurance trust, an unemployment services trust, Combined Federal Campaign grants, discounted and group purchasing and reduced fees for a number of services.