Catholic Charities USA is pleased to announce the finalists of the 2014 Volunteer of the Year award. In recognition of National Volunteer Month, the award honors the contributions of more than 300,000 volunteers who dedicate their time and talents to the Catholic Charities network.
The eight finalists for Catholic Charities USA’s 2014 Volunteer of the Year Award are:
- “The Troops” (Patty Bivins, Virginia Brannigan & Kay Noble) (Catholic Charities of Camden)
- Elizabeth Klinepeter (Catholic Charities Jacksonville)
- Glenn Leach (Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Davenport)
- Tom McCoy (Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Rockville Centre)
- Dominic Rizzo (Catholic Charities Community Services of Summit County)
- R. Peter Ulland (Catholic Charities of St. Paul and Minneapolis)
- Alexis Weber (Catholic Charities Pittsburgh)
- Kim Winegar (Catholic Charities Hawai’i)
By leveraging their interests, talents and skills in communities across the country, each of the finalists exemplify the mission and spirit of Catholic Charities in order to make a difference in the lives of our brothers and sisters in need.